How To Remove And Install Press Fit Bottom Brackets
(For a BB30 Press Fit Bottom Bracket)
To Install Press Fit Bottom Brackets:
- Clean the bottom bracket shell with a fine mist of alcohol and a clean rag. (Using alcohol does not leave a residue.)
- Install the circlips in the groove in the frame.
- Install one bearing, pressing it into the frame until its flush with the circlip.
- Put in the last bearing
- Install the crank and crank arm and tighten bearings to a snug fit.
To Remove Bearing:
- Avoiding the circlip, insert the Bottom Bracket Tool from the other side to drive out the bearing. (The floating adapter will help align and center the tool.)
- Using a hammer, drive out the bearing straight and true from the frame.
- Move the tool to the other side of the bracket and repeat the process.